question for watermelon genome

林慧婷
Hi:

I am interested in the CLA001150 clone (Chr10:3,872,315..3,872,325) of watermelon published in the Watermelon_v1 database
 (http://www.icugi.org/cgi-bin/gb2/gbrowse/watermelon_v1/?name=gene:Cla001150). May I know how to find out the 5' upstream sequence of that clone for at least 100 nt? Or would you let me know the 100 nt sequence upstream the CLA001150 clone?

Thank you very much!

Best,

Hui-Ting Lin

Re: question for watermelon genome

Scott Cain
Hello Lin,

You've reached the support mailing list for GBrowse, the software the powers the genome browser for watermelon (which I didn't even know existed until now).  Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the data or have access to it.  If you need anything specific about the watermelon genome, your best bet is to contact them directly at http://www.icugi.org/cgi-bin/ICuGI/misc/contact.cgi.

It is possible to download data directly from GBrowse--if you turn on the DNA/GC track, and then position the view for where you would like to get the DNA data, you can click on the "Download this track" icon (the one that looks like a floppy disk in the track label), select "FASTA" and then click the "download across region" option, it will download a fasta file for the section you're looking at.

Good luck,
Scott