"Shopping cart" for building feature sets like in UniProt

"Shopping cart" for building feature sets like in UniProt

Michael Dondrup-3
Hi,

we are looking for a feature similar to a shopping cart in an e-commerce application
that  allows users to make custom collections of genes of interest to export or
run analyses on. The UniProt website (http://www.uniprot.org/uniprot/) has a feature called "Basket" that is pretty
much what I want. Is there potentially a Tripal extension that provides this functionality?

Cheers
Michael

Michael Dondrup
Researcher
Sea Lice Research Centre
Department of Informatics
University of Bergen
Thormøhlensgate 55, N-5008 Bergen,
Norway

Re: "Shopping cart" for building feature sets like in UniProt

Cannon, Ethalinda K [COM S]
Hi Michael,

Yes, there is such a Tripal extension, developed by Andrew Farmer's group at NCGR. You can see it in action here: http://legumeinfo.org/search/gene.

I am cc-ing the development group so that they can give you more information.

Ethy

_______________________________________

Re: "Shopping cart" for building feature sets like in UniProt

adf_ncgr
Thanks Ethy-
sorry for the slow reply; the work we've done on this is still fairly
rudimentary, and unfortunately
the developer largely responsible for the current version of the code
recently moved on from our
group. That said, we're happy to share whatever might be of help to
others interested in similar
functionality. The repository for the gene search that makes use of this
"basket" functionality is at:
https://github.com/ncgr/tripal_gene

but the basket itself comes from a module that we had adapted from this
drupal module:
https://www.drupal.org/project/lightshop

the adapted version is currently not a public repository, but I don't
think there's any good reason
for that, and we can share it if there's interest.

We have ideas for expanding the functionality beyond the current
gene-specific usage, but it might
be a while before we get back to that effort. Would be interested to
hear other people's use cases for
such a functionality, too...

thanks again

Andrew

--
...all concepts in which an entire process is semiotically concentrated
elude definition; only that which has no history is definable.

Friedrich Nietzsche