"orthologs"/"possible orthologs" at BioMart

"orthologs"/"possible orthologs" at BioMart

Philip Kensche
Hi all,

I was wondering about the categories "orthologs" and "possible orthologs" in BioMart. I want to retrieve orthologous gene pairs for mouse and human but find that one important protein is not in the ortholog table but in the "possible ortholog" table.

So, what is the difference between the two tables -- how are they derived? Is that documented somewhere?

Many thanks for your help!
Kind regards,

Philip

--
  | Philip Kensche <[hidden email]>
  | http://www.cmbi.ru.nl/~pkensche
  |
  | Center for Molecular and Biomolecular Informatics
  | http://www2.cmbi.ru.nl
  |
  | phone +31 (0)24 36 19693
  | fax   +31 (0)24 36 19395

Re: "orthologs"/"possible orthologs" at BioMart

Arek Kasprzyk-2
Hi Philip
For the information about ensembl data Please contact ensembl directly
([hidden email])