reg:primary identifier

it

reg:primary identifier

it
Hi,
    Can you please explain about difference among primary identifier,secondary identifier,primary accession from keys file?
    Whether Primary accession value will merge the data already existing class?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Lenin

Re: reg:primary identifier

Julie Sullivan
Hi Lenin

When the build system is storing a record into the database, it first checks to
see if that record is *already* in the database.  It uses the keys to determine
this.  The only difference between those keys is which field is used to compare
objects.

For example:

  1. run uniprot source
     . loads proteins
     . Uniprot accession = Protein.primaryAccession (eg. Q96EK7)
     . Uniprot identifier = Protein.primaryIdentifier (eg. F120B_HUMAN)
  2. run new-source
     . key is primary accession
     . for new protein:
       a. check database for new protein's primary accession
       b. if value found
          - build system considers new protein to already be in the database
         - merge new protein data with protein record in database
         - ERROR if conflict, resolve in genomic_priorities.properties
         - ERROR if duplicate keys, eg. two proteins have same accession
       c. if primary accession is not found in database, new record added

The tutorial has a section on the integration system:

        http://intermine.org/wiki/GettingStarted#a9DataIntegration

I'm not sure I answered your question, I hope that helped!

Julie