removing default panes

Sofia Robb
Hello,

How can I remove a feature pane from the feature page? For example how would I stop the relationship pane from being displayed?

Thanks,
Sofia

Re: removing default panes

Cannon, Ethalinda K [COM S]

Hi Sofia,

I have what may be an unapproved, but effective approach to this: put overriding templates for the panes to remove in my theme templates. These just return without doing anything if the pane should be removed, or calls the default or a custom pane template via include(). We have a number of customized feature views (QTL, markers, genes), and all use this technique to clean up the panes.

$feature = $variables['node']->feature;
if (strcmp($feature->type_id->name, 'QTL') == 0 ) {
  // don't load
}
else if (strcmp($feature->type_id->name, 'genetic_marker') == 0 ) {
  // don't load
}
else if (strcmp($feature->type_id->name, 'gene') == 0 ) {
  // don't load
}
else if (strcmp($feature->type_id->name, 'linkage_group') == 0 ) {
  // don't load
}
else {
  include_once('<...>/tripal_feature/theme/templates/tripal_feature_relationship.tpl.php');
}

I believe it's also possible to turn off a pane completely in the admin settings for feature nodes. It's been a while since I tried this.

Ethy

How can I remove a feature pane from the feature page? For example how would I stop the relationship pane from being displayed?

Thanks,
Sofia

Re: removing default panes

Stephen Ficklin-2

Hi Sofia,

Yes, Ethy is correct.  You can use an administrative page to turn off panes.  Here's a link to the User's Guide that describes the process:

http://tripal.info/node/137

Thanks Ethy for responding!

Stephen

On 5/10/2016 4:26 AM, Cannon, Ethalinda K [COM S] wrote:

[...]

When I remove the Relationship pane, I get this error:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$all_relationships in tripal_feature_preprocess_tripal_feature_sequence() (line 34 of /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/tripal/tripal_feature/theme/tripal_feature.theme.inc).

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Sofia Robb <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

got it!

  - I removed my old tripal directory
  - drush pm-downlaod tripal-7.x-2.x-dev

Is this the version that should show up in the module page "7.x-2.1-beta2+61-dev"

I am still getting this error:

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Sofia Robb <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I forgot we maintain two repositories.  We now do our primary development on GitHub but we still use the one on Drupal for releases.  I forgot to push changes to both.  The drush command will pull from the Drupal repository (hence why we keep both).  So, I just push the changes to Drupal.org.   But Drupal only updates the 7.x-2.x-dev release once every 24 hours.  So odds are you won't see the changes until tomorrow.  Try pulling from the GitHub repository for now to get the changes right away:

(remove the tripal directory)
git clone [hidden email]

Stephen