search tools

Davide Cittaro
Hi, I've noticed that one tool adde by me to a local galaxy can't be searched in the search tools... are there some tips on how enabling this (default tools can be searched)

/*
Davide Cittaro

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007
*/

Re: search tools

Jeremy Goecks

> Hi, I've noticed that one tool adde by me to a local galaxy can't be searched in the search tools... are there some tips on how enabling this (default tools can be searched)

Searching is enabled by default, so no need to enable it. If you don't see your tool when searching, it's probably because the search score for the tool is too low for your search term; this may seem odd that this occurs when you're searching using a tool name and it doesn't show up.

We'll fix this eventually, but in the meantime you can get your tool to show up by understanding what search does. Currently, search extracts keywords only from the tool's help. So, putting good keywords in the search's help text -- including the tool name -- should help your tool show up for appropriate searches.

Let us know if this doesn't solve your problem.

J.