Quantcast

snapshot / cgisess.db

Christelle Dantec
Hello

We are migrating our gbrowse (http://www.aniseed.cnrs.fr) on a new
server.
Eveything went well, except for snapshots of users that no longer
appear.

It seems that all information are registered in cgisess.db, but if I
transfer this file on the new server, Snapshot doesn't appear.

Do you know how I can processed to make visible the snapshot?

Thanks for any suggestion

Best

Chris

Re: snapshot / cgisess.db

Christelle Dantec
Hello,

No suggestion, idea...?
Do you know if this procedure is correct and should work, or should I
proceed in a different way?

thanks by advance for your help

Chris

On jeu., 2016-12-15 at 09:25 +0100, Christelle Dantec wrote:

> Hello
>
> We are migrating our gbrowse (http://www.aniseed.cnrs.fr) on a new
> server.
> Eveything went well, except for snapshots of users that no longer
> appear.
>
> It seems that all information are registered in cgisess.db, but if I
> transfer this file on the new server, Snapshot doesn't appear.
>
> Do you know how I can processed to make visible the snapshot?
>
> Thanks for any suggestion
>
> Best
>
> Chris

Re: snapshot / cgisess.db

Scott Cain
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, what you were trying is exactly what I would suggest, and if "feels" like that should work.  I don't recall trying this on my own before, so I can't say that it necessarily should work.  The only thing that occurs to me is that CGI::Session can have different database backends, so you should make sure that the type of the backend is the same, and the version of that backend is the same as well.

Good luck!
Scott