strain in 4.0 core.xml?

joe carlson
Hi,

I'm updating and starting a new build. But I noticed that Strain seems
to have disappeared in core.xml in 4.0.0. It was there in 3.1.2.

Was there a call/email/thread that I missed? (Not that I'm desperate for
it. I wasn't certain that I wanted to use it anyway. But curious.)

Thanks,

Joe

Re: strain in 4.0 core.xml?

Sam Hokin-3
Yeah, that's definitely not OK. I'm still working with a 3.1.2 fork. If I look at the history for core.xml, it shows the most recent
update being Commits on Dec 5, 2018 which is pretty old and probably predates Strain.

Methinks we jumped over 3.1.2 in the upgrade to the most FAIR 4.0.0 somehow.

On 6/28/19 12:06 PM, Joe Carlson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm updating and starting a new build. But I noticed that Strain seems to have disappeared in core.xml in 4.0.0. It was there in
> 3.1.2.
>
> Was there a call/email/thread that I missed? (Not that I'm desperate for it. I wasn't certain that I wanted to use it anyway.
> But curious.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

Re: strain in 4.0 core.xml?

joe carlson
I don't think Julie ever 'announced' 4.0.0. So maybe this is just not
ready and I jumped the gun.

Julie: is there a schedule for 4.0.0?

Joe

On 6/28/19 4:30 PM, Sam Hokin wrote:

> Yeah, that's definitely not OK. I'm still working with a 3.1.2 fork.
> If I look at the history for core.xml, it shows the most recent update
> being Commits on Dec 5, 2018 which is pretty old and probably predates
> Strain.
>
> Methinks we jumped over 3.1.2 in the upgrade to the most FAIR 4.0.0
> somehow.
>
> On 6/28/19 12:06 PM, Joe Carlson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm updating and starting a new build. But I noticed that Strain
>> seems to have disappeared in core.xml in 4.0.0. It was there in 3.1.2.
>>
>> Was there a call/email/thread that I missed? (Not that I'm desperate
>> for it. I wasn't certain that I wanted to use it anyway.
>> But curious.)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Joe

Re: strain in 4.0 core.xml?

Julie Sullivan-2
Hi Joe,

Whoops, fixed now (in 4.0.1)! Thanks for spotting that.

When I did a git diff/merge on those two branches, I got no results. Not
sure why! I had to manually update the core.xml manually.

Looks to be fine now, let me know if you have any more issues! :)

Cheers
Julie

On 28/06/2019 19:06, Joe Carlson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm updating and starting a new build. But I noticed that Strain seems
> to have disappeared in core.xml in 4.0.0. It was there in 3.1.2.
>
> Was there a call/email/thread that I missed? (Not that I'm desperate for
> it. I wasn't certain that I wanted to use it anyway. But curious.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

Re: strain in 4.0 core.xml?

Julie Sullivan-2
4.0.0 has been released: https://github.com/intermine/intermine/releases

Here's the blog post.

https://intermineorg.wordpress.com/2019/05/09/intermine-4-0-intermine-as-a-fair-framework/

I may have neglected to send an email to the dev list!!

On 29/06/2019 00:44, Joe Carlson wrote:

> I don't think Julie ever 'announced' 4.0.0. So maybe this is just not
> ready and I jumped the gun.
>
> Julie: is there a schedule for 4.0.0?
>
> Joe
>
> On 6/28/19 4:30 PM, Sam Hokin wrote:
>> Yeah, that's definitely not OK. I'm still working with a 3.1.2 fork.
>> If I look at the history for core.xml, it shows the most recent update
>> being Commits on Dec 5, 2018 which is pretty old and probably predates
>> Strain.
>>
>> Methinks we jumped over 3.1.2 in the upgrade to the most FAIR 4.0.0
>> somehow.
>>
>> On 6/28/19 12:06 PM, Joe Carlson wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm updating and starting a new build. But I noticed that Strain
>>> seems to have disappeared in core.xml in 4.0.0. It was there in 3.1.2.
>>>
>>> Was there a call/email/thread that I missed? (Not that I'm desperate
>>> for it. I wasn't certain that I wanted to use it anyway.
>>> But curious.)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Joe

Re: strain in 4.0 core.xml?

joe carlson
thanks for the quick fix. I thought I was going a bit crazy for a while
there. I just did a buildDB with 4.0.1 and I see the table!

I'm set for building 4.0 on the Fourth. Watch the fireworks.

(and, oh, yeah, sorry about that whole revolution thing. we good?)

On 7/1/19 12:26 AM, Julie Sullivan wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Whoops, fixed now (in 4.0.1)! Thanks for spotting that.
>
> When I did a git diff/merge on those two branches, I got no results.
> Not sure why! I had to manually update the core.xml manually.
>
> Looks to be fine now, let me know if you have any more issues! :)
>
> Cheers
> Julie
>
> On 28/06/2019 19:06, Joe Carlson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm updating and starting a new build. But I noticed that Strain
>> seems to have disappeared in core.xml in 4.0.0. It was there in 3.1.2.
>>
>> Was there a call/email/thread that I missed? (Not that I'm desperate
>> for it. I wasn't certain that I wanted to use it anyway. But curious.)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Joe

Re: strain in 4.0 core.xml?

Sam Hokin-3
Heh, Julie's American, she's undermining the monarchy from behind the lines. Although, given the current state of the Tories and
Labour vis a vis Brexit, I'd just as soon Her Majesty took things over for a while and made everyone behave themselves.