strange behavior of display_as

Davide Cittaro
Hi there,
I may need some help in debugging this:
I have added some files to a library, say foo.bed. I've changed (as admin) the name from "foo.bed" to "the foo dataset". I've imported this into my current history and if I try to visualize this bed file on the genome browser, I get this error:

(host001 is the galaxy server).
If I download "the foo dataset" and reupload it to galaxy, the "display_as" doesn't work (same error). Strange enough, if I import a bed file from the genome browser (say some chrom.refseq.bed) I can visualize it back (so "display_as" is working). No strange logs...

/*
Davide Cittaro

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007
*/

Re: strange behavior of display_as

Davide Cittaro

On Aug 6, 2010, at 9:07 AM, Davide Cittaro wrote:

Hi there,
I may need some help in debugging this:

Forget it, please... Apparently display_as can't work with generic "interval" files. If I convert them to bed it works... Is this a bug or a feature?