super-FAQ? How to get the file from CLI from a library

super-FAQ? How to get the file from CLI from a library

Davide Cittaro
Hi there,
Suppose I have a data library with a file called "Foo"... How can I get the real file associated to "Foo"? I had to copy it somewhere else (without using the web interface). I guess a simple database query is enough... isn't it?

Thanks

/*
Davide Cittaro

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007
*/

Re: super-FAQ? How to get the file from CLI from a library

Nate Coraor (nate@bx.psu.edu)
Davide Cittaro wrote:
> Hi there,
> Suppose I have a data library with a file called "Foo"... How can I get
> the real file associated to "Foo"? I had to copy it somewhere else
> (without using the web interface). I guess a simple database query is
> enough... isn't it?

Hi Davide,

I just committed a "file path" field which reveals the full path to the
file on the admin side library dataset info page in changeset
4256:215fccaa5ba2.  Hopefully this helps.

--nate

On Sep 7, 2010, at 3:48 PM, Nate Coraor wrote:

Davide Cittaro wrote:
Hi there, Suppose I have a data library with a file called "Foo"... How can I get the real file associated to "Foo"? I had to copy it somewhere else (without using the web interface). I guess a simple database query is enough... isn't it?

Hi Davide,

I just committed a "file path" field which reveals the full path to the file on the admin side library dataset info page in changeset 4256:215fccaa5ba2.  Hopefully this helps.

Great! I'm going to test this ASAP!

--nate

Thanks
/*
Davide Cittaro
Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy
tel.: +39(02)574303007