text wrapping

kkarra@stanford.edu
Hi,

Is it possible to display all the text of a really long text value  (e.g. Citation) ? Ideally it would wrap.

<fieldconfig fieldExpr="citation" doNotTruncate="true"/>
<fieldconfig fieldExpr="title" doNotTruncate="true"/>

Is using doNotTruncate="true" supposed to display the whole thing? I don't see that happening.

Thanks,
-Kalpana

Re: text wrapping

Richard Smith
Hi Kalpana,
You can so something like this to get the text to appear in full on
the right hand side of the report page:

<fieldconfig fieldExpr="description" sectionOnRight="true"
sectionTitle="Description" openByDefault="true"/>

Let me know if this doesn't work.

Cheers,
Richard.

Kalpana Karra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to display all the text of a really long text value  (e.g. Citation) ? Ideally it would wrap.
>
> <fieldconfig fieldExpr="citation" doNotTruncate="true"/>
> <fieldconfig fieldExpr="title" doNotTruncate="true"/>
>
> Is using doNotTruncate="true" supposed to display the whole thing? I don't see that happening.
>
> Thanks,
> -Kalpana

Re: text wrapping

Richard Smith
Apparently the normal doNotTruncate setting is broken, we'll fix it
for the next release.

Richard.

Richard Smith wrote:

> Hi Kalpana,
> You can so something like this to get the text to appear in full on
> the right hand side of the report page:
>
> <fieldconfig fieldExpr="description" sectionOnRight="true"
> sectionTitle="Description" openByDefault="true"/>
>
> Let me know if this doesn't work.
>

> Cheers,
> Richard.
>

> Kalpana Karra wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to display all the text of a really long text value
>> (e.g. Citation) ? Ideally it would wrap.
>> <fieldconfig fieldExpr="citation" doNotTruncate="true"/>
>> <fieldconfig fieldExpr="title" doNotTruncate="true"/>
>>
>> Is using doNotTruncate="true" supposed to display the whole thing? I
>> don't see that happening.
>> Thanks,
>> -Kalpana

Re: text wrapping

kkarra@stanford.edu
Hi Richard,

It doesn't seem to work in the results page of a template.

I modified web-config, cleaned, and redeployed.

<fieldconfig fieldExpr="citation" sectionOnRight="true" sectionTitle="Citation" openByDefault="true" />
<fieldconfig fieldExpr="title" sectionOnRight="true" sectionTitle="Title" openByDefault="true"/>

Irrespective of whether I have these fields, I do see the full text when I view the table in-line i.e within the Gene Report page. But, if I click 'show all in table' again it is the truncated version.

Thanks,
-Kalpana