tool runtimes

Matthias Bernt
Dear list,

I have the impression that on our cluster the "auxiliary" computations
(e.g. setting metadata) is very slow (minutes) compared to the run time
of the actual tools (often just seconds).

Do you have any suggestion how I can tweak this or how I can analyze
this more detailed?

Best,
Matthias

Matthias Bernt
Bioinformatics Service
Molekulare Systembiologie (MOLSYB)
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ/
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 235 482296,
[hidden email], www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Leipzig
Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Handelsregister Nr./Trade Register Nr.: B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer/Scientific Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Georg Teutsch
Administrative Geschäftsführerin/ Administrative Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Heike Graßmann