toolshed and testtoolshed

Matthias Bernt
Dear dev-list,

Bjoern Gruening was so nice to provide a fix for one of the galaxy tools
(openms_metaprosip). It seems that the fix found its way into the
testtoolshed, but not the toolshed.

So I was curious how the connection between these two tool sources works.

- Is there a regular sync interval? Or does someone need to push a
button to get a new version to the toolshed?
- Are the versions (and the hashes) of the tools that find their way to
the main toolshed identical? Then I could just switch the tool_shed_url
in my tool_list.yml file when the desired version or a newer one appears
in the main toolshed.
- I guess its not a good idea (in general) to provide tools from the
testtoolshed in a prodiction instance?

Best,
Matthias

Matthias Bernt
Bioinformatics Service
Molekulare Systembiologie (MOLSYB)
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ/
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 235 482296,
[hidden email], www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Leipzig
Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Handelsregister Nr./Trade Register Nr.: B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer/Scientific Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Georg Teutsch
Administrative Geschäftsführerin/ Administrative Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Heike Graßmann

Re: toolshed and testtoolshed

Dave Bouvier
Matthias,

- There is a regular sync for repositories owned or maintained by the
IUC, but I don't think galaxyp has one. Your best bet would be to ask
Björn (CC'd here) to update it in the main toolshed.
- No, the hashes are specific to the toolshed, so unfortunately that
solution is not a solution.
- You guess correctly, the test toolshed is not recommended to rely on
for tools.

-
Dave Bouvier
http://galaxyproject.org
http://usegalaxy.org

On 08/23/2017 09:20 AM, Matthias Bernt wrote:

> Dear dev-list,
>
> Bjoern Gruening was so nice to provide a fix for one of the galaxy tools
> (openms_metaprosip). It seems that the fix found its way into the
> testtoolshed, but not the toolshed.
>
> So I was curious how the connection between these two tool sources works.
>
> - Is there a regular sync interval? Or does someone need to push a
> button to get a new version to the toolshed?
> - Are the versions (and the hashes) of the tools that find their way to
> the main toolshed identical? Then I could just switch the tool_shed_url
> in my tool_list.yml file when the desired version or a newer one appears
> in the main toolshed.
> - I guess its not a good idea (in general) to provide tools from the
> testtoolshed in a prodiction instance?
>
> Best,
> Matthias

Re: toolshed and testtoolshed

Björn Grüning-3
Hi Matthias,

update of the MTS is triggerd. It can take a while, so many tools.
In fact galaxyp uses the same mechanism as IUC, but the openms-tools are
so many that the TS upload was cancelled by an Travis timeout.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Tomorrow everything will be updated,
Bjoern