tripal extensions

Tony Power
Hi all,

I don't have the tripal extension modules for Tripal.
I have branch 6.x-1. of Tripal.
I went to http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripal/files/extensions/ and downloaded tripal_analysis_go just to test, but it does not show up in "Create Content->Analisys". The module is enabled.
I suppose the problem must be related to the version. If it is the version, where can I download the extensions for branch 6.x-1?

Thanks,
Tony

Re: tripal extensions

Stephen Ficklin-2
Hi Tony,

The GO extension module provides the GAF loader and adds GO terms to the feature pages and the GO summary reports to the organism pages, but it does not provide a GO Analysis content type.  Perhaps we should add one.  Let me know if you would prefer this?

For the time being you can create a generic analysis "Create Content" -> "Analysis".   Then when loading the GAF file exported from Blast2GO you would select the analysis you created so that the features are associated to the analysis.

Also, if you are using the version 6.x-1.x from the development code you should get the extension modules also from the development server. You can find instructions for getting these extension modules from the GIT repository on the v1.0 Tutorial. Here's a quick link:

http://gmod.org/wiki/Tripal_Tutorial_(v1.0)#Tripal_Installation

Stephen

On 11/17/2012 10:52 AM, Tony Power wrote:
Hi all,

I don't have the tripal extension modules for Tripal.
I have branch 6.x-1. of Tripal.
I went to http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripal/files/extensions/ and downloaded tripal_analysis_go just to test, but it does not show up in "Create Content->Analisys". The module is enabled.
I suppose the problem must be related to the version. If it is the version, where can I download the extensions for branch 6.x-1?

Thanks,
Tony

http://p.sf.net/sfu/zoho_dev2dev_nov

Re: tripal extensions

Tony Power
Hi Stephen,

I downloaded both the Interpro and GO analysis extensions. Interpro is showing now as a new content option ;)

About the GO analysis, I guess that adding it as a regular analysis will be fine. Thanks.

Will there be a notification in the mailing list when the Blast module is ready?

Thank you very much,

Tony

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Stephen Ficklin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yes, I'll send out a notification as soon as it's finished being rewritten.  I'll add an item on the TODO list to add a content type for GO analysis.

Thanks,
Stephen