undelete data library

Davide Cittaro
Hi there, is there a way to undelete a folder within a data library? I've deleted one (with some files) by mistake :-(

/*
Davide Cittaro, PhD

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007
*/

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Re: undelete data library

Greg Von Kuster
Hi Davide,
Yes, in the "Library actions" popup menu you should see an option labeled "Show deleted items".  If you select that, it will display the folder you deleted, and you'll be able to undelete it via the Undelete option in it's own pop-up menu.

Greg

On Feb 21, 2011, at 10:32 AM, Davide Cittaro wrote:

Hi there, is there a way to undelete a folder within a data library? I've deleted one (with some files) by mistake :-(

/*
Davide Cittaro, PhD

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007
*/

 http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Greg Von Kuster
Galaxy Development Team

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Re: undelete data library

Davide Cittaro
Hi Greg
On Feb 21, 2011, at 4:36 PM, Greg Von Kuster wrote:

Hi Davide,
Yes, in the "Library actions" popup menu you should see an option labeled "Show deleted items".  If you select that, it will display the folder you deleted, and you'll be able to undelete it via the Undelete option in it's own pop-up menu.

I can view the deleted items (highlighted in red), but when I click on the "action arrow" (i.e. the ones that pops available actions for this folder) I only open and close the folder itself :-(

[...]

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Re: undelete data library

Davide Cittaro

On Feb 21, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Greg Von Kuster wrote:

What version of Galaxy are you running.  I believe this issue was corrected a while back, so can you update to the latest version?

I've pulled r ca0c4ad2bb39 this morning...

/*
Davide Cittaro, PhD

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007
*/

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Re: undelete data library

Davide Cittaro

On Feb 21, 2011, at 4:55 PM, Davide Cittaro wrote:

On Feb 21, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Greg Von Kuster wrote:

What version of Galaxy are you running.  I believe this issue was corrected a while back, so can you update to the latest version?

I've pulled r ca0c4ad2bb39 this morning...

It would be ok to do it with any command line approach (i.e. using API or postgres editing...)

/*
Davide Cittaro, PhD

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303007
*/

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

Re: undelete data library

Greg Von Kuster
Hello Davide,

Sorry about the delay - I'm at a conference and can only connect while in-between sessions.  This problem should be fixed in change set 5099:ca53c664778e, whicl should be available in the distribution within the next several weeks.  If you need it sooner, you can pull from our development repo, but keep in mind that the development repo is less stable then the distribution.

Thanks for brining this to our attention!

Greg