update gene names

Sofia Robb
Hi,

Is there a bulk way to update many feature names at once, besides reloading an edited gff? I know I can load an edited gff with new names, and this would solve my issue, but I was looking for a way to just use a list of the ids and the the new names to update this one field in the db.

Thanks,
Sofia

Re: update gene names

Stephen Ficklin-2

Hi Sofia,

Unfortunately, Tripal doesn't have an easy way to change names in bulk.   The bulk loader comes close to allowing this but only supports inserts (not updates).  The only solution presently would be to write your own little script to do it. Perhaps someone else may have one, that could respond,  that could help you...

Stephen

http://sdm.link/attshape