want features to be compact and labelled

want features to be compact and labelled

Matthew Hobbs
Hi,

In a v1.70 installation of gbrowse I have a track of abutting (and so non-overlapping) features (actually chromosomes displayed on a reference sequence that is the genome, although that's not important) which just use a generic glyph. I would like all these features to be vertically aligned, and for each to have its own label and link. At the moment however all I can manage is either i) labelled features which are not aligned (see attached file chromosomes1.png); or ii)  features which are aligned (by setting the value of the 'Packing' variable to 'Compact' in the track settings) but not labelled (see attached file chromosomes2.png). How can I get what I want here?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Matthew

MATTHEW HOBBS| Senior Research Fellow
Faculty of Veterinary Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
T +61 2 9351 1673 | F +61 2 9351 1693

chromosomes2.png (2K) Download Attachment
chromosomes1.png (4K) Download Attachment