widget engineering

JD Wong
is there an overview somewhere of what files and java classes are involved in creating, populating and serving widgets to the webapp?  I like http://intermine.org/wiki/Widgets but am looking for something that goes into the structure and semantics of all the classes and config files involved.

Thanks!
-JD

Re: widget engineering

Julie Sullivan
Hi JD

All of the widget code has been refactored completely to allow for the embedding
of widgets - there are no docs as of yet.

Here are the changes:

  1. widget results available via web services
  2. replacing jfreechart graphing library with google API
  3. table widgets removed
  4. add widgets without writing Java code
  5. embed widgets with a few lines of JavaScript

I'm happy to help you write enrichment widget queries, but it won't be possible
to embed them in other pages (which is what I think you want?) until InterMine
release 1.1.

Cheers
Julie